Are you looking for a good honey brand? Then folks, in this post, I’ll be sharing this list of the best organic honey brands in India along with the benefits in weight loss and how you can take it.
Honey is deemed as one of the best health food across the world honey is a sweet thick liquid which is made by honey bees. The sugar rich product has 17 grams of sugars that include sugars like maltose, fructose, sucrose in one tablespoon of honey. Honey does not have any fiber, fat or proteins but the number of vitamins and minerals that it has is just amazing. All the important antioxidants like phenols and enzymes that you would need to treat various health related conditions are there in honey.
No before moving on let’s check out what are the benefits of organic honey that you can get. You cannot just consume honey for weight loss but also for the skin care and hair care.
Benefits of Honey
Honey has antibacterial properties, this is why you can also apply it on your scalp and on your skin. It helps get you glow and radiance. When you apply this regularly on your face, it gives you not just the good skin but a glowing skin
For your hair, you can use honey to get rid of the dryness. You just have to follow a simple trick. Mix 4 tbsp of honey with 3 tbsp lemon juice. Apply this on the hair. Keep for two hours then shampoo. You will experience dandruff-free beautiful gorgeous hair which are no longer dry.
- Honey strengthens the immune system. Daily intake of honey before morning breakfast or even during the workout can help you get the extra energy and it enhances your immune system it also works as a cleansing agent that detoxifies your body.
- Regular intake of honey also boost the memory as we age. Regular intake of honey also boosts the brain power of memory loss. The natural antioxidants in it both the brains system causes memory loss.
- If you find it really hard to sleep at night you should drink a glass of warm milk and add 2 tbsp of honey in it. Drink it before going to bed. This simple recipe will help you get good night sleep. You can also add 2 tbsp of honey in a cup of chamomile tea while going to bed. It raises the melatonin in your body and will help you relax.
- As the pollution levels are increasing, many people are suffering from sinus related problems. What is sinus? The problem is faced when you have allergies and dust due to pollution, you experience. A distress and uncomfortable condition can be cured by taking honey. It can also help soothe your throat and reduces the sinus infection.
- High levels of triglycerides can increase chances of getting heart diseases. It also raises the levels of bad cholesterol. Honey helps in lowering down the triglyceride levels in the body. This also leads to reduce the cholesterol levels.
- Regular consumption of organic honey can lower down triglyceride levels and you can also replace it with your regular sugar
- It is also known that when you apply honey on the burnt skin for insect bite then it fasten up the process of healing. Honey has antimicrobial properties this is why it heals your wounds, cuts and burns quite easily. As compared to not applying anything at all. So, the next time while working in the kitchen, and you get minor burn or cut on your skin, you must apply some organic honey over the affected part of the skin.
Best Organic Honey in India
Let’s have a look at the best honey in the Indian market.
1. Honey Basket Organic Honey
Honeybasket honey is one of the best honey brands available in market. The brands gets their organic honey from the deep forests with the local tribal’s help. The process helps in getting Honeybasket’s 100% pure raw organic honey. The good thing about the brand is that the honey is lab-tested, undiluted, un-adulterated, un-pasteurized, zero antibiotics and does not contain any fillers in it.
You can buy this from their direct selling website Honeybasket, with free shipping across India and money back guaranteed.
2. True Elements Raw Honey
This honey is packaged in a nice bottle. It is unpasteurized, unprocessed and unheated. While the product contains all the natural enzymes, vitamins and phytonutrients. It is one of the best natural and organic honey present in Indian market. It is alkaline which is unlike the processed honey. so, it doesn’t have that sugary amount in it. It can help you lose weight and also has anti-inflammatory properties. You can use it for the DIY skincare recipes.
Pros and Cons
- Unpasteurized, unprocessed and unheated honey
- Has natural vitamins, enzymes and phytonutrients
- Raw honey is alkaline
- Not processed honey.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Possesses antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
2. 24 Mantra Organic Wild Honey
24 mantra makes this organic honey which is derived from the Himalayan flowers. This honey comes from the pristine mountains of Himalayas. The honey is naturally extracted from the different flowers which are exclusively found in Himalayan ranges. This natural and pure honey has a nice aroma and taste. Being high in vitamins, minerals and nutritional value, this can be used for so many different purposes like for your weight loss, different foods and to apply for skin and hair. In fact this organic honey can also be used to treat your respiratory problems like cold, cough, respiratory tract allergies etc
3. Dabur Honey
The next honey on this list is the Dabur honey in India. Dabur honey is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It also plays a role in weight loss. In the ads of Dabur honey, it also claims that when you take it along with warm water in the morning, it aids in weight loss. Not just weight loss but healthy weight loss by cutting down the bad fats from your body.
Pros and Cons
- Rich in antioxidants
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Provides energy and strengthens immunity
- Good for skin and hair
4. Organica Organic Forest Honey
Organica organic forest honey that is made without the use of artificial colorants and flavours or adulterants. Organica organic forest honey is collected from the wild honey bees from the himalayan flowers is obtained by the natural process that doesn’t involve chemicals or adulterants. The aroma in this honey is enticing. It is rich and thick, you can use it as a natural sweetener for your dishes. For medicinal uses as well this honey can be used.
Pros and Cons
- Wild honey bees’s nectar is used to make this honey.
- Woody aroma
- Rich sweet flavour
- Organic forest honey
- Sourced from the himalayas
- Genuine and Pure
- Natural sweetener
5. Farm Honey Wild Unprocessed Honey
If you would like to use an organic honey then this honey can be tried. Rich in flavonoids, vitamins and minerals, it gives helps in proper digestion of food by giving that necessary nutrients and intestinal microbes. This honey is also rich in gut friendly bacteria that aids in digestion. When you have good digestive system then your immunity also enhances. It leads to good overall health. You are less likely to fall sick when your immunity is strong
Pros and Cons
- Rich source of flavanoids, vitamins and minerals
- Gives complete nourishment
- Aids in digestion of food
- Sugar substitute
- Improvises the immune system
- Treats allergic reactions
- Good source of friendly bacteria (natural probiotic)
6. Patanjali Honey
Do you like Patanjali as a brand, If you do then you will definitely like this honey. Patanjali honey is a pure organic honey which has a lower price as compared to most of the branded honey is available in the market.This is what the brand claims. Honey comes in a plastic jar which is easy to use and carry around. You can try this honey to improve immunity, facilitate digestion and to get the effective antioxidants in the body. It also keeps you energized. A lot of people like Patanjali products so are you the one who like Patanjali products as well.
Pros and Cons
- Affordable Price
- Easy to buy
- Helps treat cold and cough
- Good blood purifier
- It is useful in treating cold, cough and fever
- Very effective in reducing body weight
- Mixed with lemon juice, it treats sore throats
7. Apis Himalaya Honey
Another good brand of honey available in India is Apis himalaya honey. It comes from a well known brand. While extracting the honey, they have applied the food safety standards and without the use of chemicals and food adulterants during the extraction process. It’s unique and genuine honey that can be used to give flavour to your food to get health benefits enhancing immunity.
Pros and Cons
- Helps in healthy weight loss
- Pure product
- Safe for kids and adults
- Decently priced
8. Under The Mango Tree Organic Certified Honey
Under the mango tree honey is free of the preservatives and artificial colors. It is a certified honey that says that it is hundred percent natural and yes indeed it.
9. The Honey Shop Forest Honey
The brand reminds me of The Body Shop. It is collected from the nectar from the forest honey. It is organic and pure since it is collected by the trained foragers without harming the bee colony and without putting any chemicals. Like the other forms it is also rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties due to this it is able to cure cough and cold along with the digestion related issues and seasonal allergies. Seasonal allergies like cold and cough in kids, can be treated by taking ginger juice with honey.
You might have noticed that over the time the honey gets crystallized or you may have noticed that the some of the honey is converted to small crystals
So what exactly is that? Crystallization is a natural process of glucose fructose and other sugars like sucrose and maltose. To keep honey from getting crystallized, keep it at room temperature. This is the reason why you should never refrigerate the honey. Keeping honey on low temperatures can result in crystallization. If your honey has been crystallized, you can put the jar in hot water with the cap tightly shut. This will bring back the actual make it clear like it was before.
So these are the best honey brands available in India. Have you ever used any of them? How do you apply honey for your skin and hair? Do you like to use honey for weight loss or just for the other health benefits?