Chia seeds are edible seeds that are extracted from a desert plant called Salvia Hispanica, grown in Mexico. The seeds are one of the healthiest seeds on the planet and that is absolutely true. As people are getting more and more health-conscious, this product is getting really popular. In this post, I will be sharing the best Chia seeds brands available in Indian market.
Chia Seeds: Nutritional Valve
Chia seeds contain Omega 3 fatty acids along with proteins, fibres, antioxidants and most importantly calcium. Around 1 tablespoon(15g)of Chia seeds contain around 2 grams of proteins and 4 grams of fat and 6 grams of calcium. If you are wondering, how to add Chia seeds to your food, then you can add them to your salads, soups, cereals and over the rice.
By the way, these seeds do not have an Indian name as they are native to South America. This is why they are only referred as chia seeds or Chia ke beej. Before moving on to the list of the best chia seeds brands in India, you should also know about the benefits of taking Chia seeds. You can directly scroll for the list.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- As I mentioned earlier, around 15 grams of Chia seeds has only 60-70 calories. This is why, they are less on calories and more on nutrients. You should not go by the size of these seeds as they are one of the most nutritious and healthiest foods on the planet.
- These seeds are rich in antioxidants which help in prevention of oxidative damage of the cells in your body by fighting the free radicals.
- These seeds also help in the prevention of chronic disease like cancer and other diseases like strokes and heart diseases.
- They are a rich source of dietary fibres. One ounce of the seeds has only 12 grams of Carbohydrates that means they will not make you gain weight. They do not raise the blood sugar levels while you have them. Rather it will help you digest the food properly and also increases the immunity in the long run.
- They are one of the best sources of natural plant based protein which is around 14%. They have this perfect balance of essential amino acids that the body requires for different processes. People wishing to gain muscle mass should include these seeds in order to gain muscles.
- Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, just like the flaxseeds contain high levels of Omega 3 fatty acids which are considered beneficial for your eyes skin and hair.
- The seeds are high in dietary fibres which means, it increases the absorption of food and improves digestion. These can also reduce the risk of diseases like insulin resistance, obesity, heart diseases, diabetes and strokes. Regular consumption of such seeds can also help reduce blood sugar levels.
- They are rich in calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc. These helps replenish the calcium levels for stronger bones.
- When you have an infection or injury then intake of Chia seed can help lower the information in your body. It also fight against the harmful bacteria and viruses.
Best Brands for Chia Seeds in India (2020)
Let’s take a look at the best chia seeds in India and if you’re wondering where to get chia seeds in India, we’ve also given you the links. Cost of these seeds isn’t much and they are extremely beneficial. In fact, there are multiple healthy recipes using them. Hence, you can use chia seeds in Indian cooking easily.
1. True Elements Raw Chia Seeds
Chia seeds helps in combating digestion related problems in your body. Regular intake of the seeds also helps in minimizing the signs of aging on your skin. For stronger bones and muscles, Calcium is also required. These contain high dietary fibre, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, fatty acids along with vitamins and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, zinc etc. It’s one of the best chia seeds available in India.
2. Pure & Sure Organic Chia Seeds
Pure and sure organic Chia seeds are also package in a plastic pack. These are procured from organic farms across India. It is the high protein rich superfood that gives you the dietary fibres as well to improve your immunity and digestive system. You can add soaked seeds to the curd or yogurt to take it in your breakfast everyday.
3. Sorich Organics Chia Seeds
The seeds are a good source of dietary fibre that leads to minimization of the digestion related problems and body’s inflammation. The seeds are high source of calcium that maintains stronger bones. Along with that minerals like magnesium and phosphorus are also found in ample amount. You can make chia seed pudding as well to get its nutritional benefits. Here is an article that’ll tell you more on how to take chia seeds, the Indian way.
4. Nutriwish Premium Raw Chia Seeds
These Chia seeds are packaged in a plastic container, so you do not have to transfer the seeds in a separate box. They are high source of plant based proteins and a very rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids. The super food can enhance your immunity and lead to stronger bones. It contains around 8 times more calcium than milk. And it has more iron than spinach and twice more potassium than bananas. You can sprinkle some of the seeds over your salad or mix them with your daily cereals for breakfast.
5. Regency Chia Seeds
The Chia seeds are also packaged in the regular plastic pouch. So you can cut open and transfer the seeds in any air tight container. To reap the nutritional benefits of the seeds you can put some of these on salads. The seed can also be sprinkled on yoghurt or to make smoothies. You can also put some of these in your soups to get the benefits.
You can also consider taking wheatgrass powder which is also one of the best sources of natural plant protein, especially for vegetarians.
6. Urban Platter Black Chia Seeds
The Chia seeds are a combination of brown, black and white Chia seeds. They are packed with proteins, fibres, iron and Omega 3 fatty acids. You can also make your homemade granola bar and crackers using these. These can also be used in the Indian food and delicacies. Consumption of these seeds also aids in weight loss and works as an energy booster. It is also considered as an excellent food for expecting mothers.
7. New Tree Raw Chia Seeds
Packaged in a plastic container with lid these seeds are high in protein. They help in improving your digestion and 100% gluten-free. It improves your immunity and also aids in natural loss of weight. Regular intake also help in diabetes and heart diseases. The high fibre content also maintains the blood sugar levels, therefore safe and beneficial for people with diabetes.
8. Nourish You Authentic White Chia Seeds
Nourish Chia seeds are also packaged in a pouch. It can be used as a protein source and a good source of calcium. Just like the other brands, this brand also offers high quality seeds that you can incorporate into your food and other types of salads.
9. Nutraj Chia Seeds
People aiming to lose their weight, can use this as a source of dietary protein. It helps to curb the urge to eat more. It also helps to lower down your blood sugar levels after the meals. All thanks to its nutritional value and a wonderful food with high dietary fibre.
10. Grenera Chia Seeds
Including Chia seeds regularly in your diet also gives you glowing skin and complexion. These seeds are rich in proteins and Calcium. Therefore, it helps you in gaining healthy muscle mass along with strong bones in also make sure that your skin and hair remains in good health. After 30 years, as we know the calcium start to deplete from the bones and this can help you replenish the calcium in your body.
These are the best chia seeds brands in India. Now, let me tell you how can you eat the chia seeds. You can take these seeds in your smoothies in the breakfast. Sprinkle some of these soaked seeds over the rice or your pudding. Adding these to your lemonade also works wonder. Many people make chila of besan using some chia seeds in the besan mixture. It is a healthy breakfast idea with proteins and carbs for vegetarian and kids. You can also take a look at more healthy chia recipes here.
A lot of people also look for alternative or equivalents to Chia seeds, for them I would advise that they can have Hemp seeds, Sunflower seeds or even the Quinoa seeds.